A lead is a non-qualified prospect. In other words, a prospect with an unknown level of interest in your products or services. Lead scoring allows you to rank your prospects by assigning point values to different criteria and actions to identify those leads who are most interested. It also allows you to address each of your prospects differently according to their level of interest.
- Reduce costs and risks associated with purchasing lists/unqualified leads: you rank the leads yourself using your own criteria.
- Shorten the sales cycle: only get your sales team involved when leads get to a high enough score.
- Improve your "completed sales" to "lost sales" ratio: minimize the work for your sales team.
- Increase sales and turnover: making sales more efficient means your team has more time to pursue leads.
- Optimize marketing campaigns that focus on lead nurturing: understanding your leads better with lead scoring helps you serve better content that is tailored to the needs of your customers and leads.
Want to give it a try?
Send up to 300 emails/day for free.Sign up for Free
No credit card. No commitment.
Qualify your prospects in three steps with our marketing automation software:
- Start by establishing characteristics related to the customer profile that you're targeting (age, gender, position in company etc.) and important actions or behavior that indicate a higher level of interest (click-throughs, accessing specific pages etc.).
- Next assign points for each of these characteristics or actions.
- Finally, create a workflow that incorporates these criteria and point values.
- When leads meet the characteristics criteria or perform the specific actions that you included in your workflow, their score will be updated with the corresponding number of points that you defined for that criterion.
Establishing a scale is a key element of lead scoring. Example:
- A contact becomes a "qualified lead" when the lead score exceeds 10 points
- Scores ranging from 6 to 9 points indicate that the contact is an "intermediate lead"
- A score of fewer than 6 points indicates an "unqualified lead"
Sendinblue then allows you to sort your leads into different mailing lists based on their score and automatically send them content consistent with their level of interest. This targeted approach can help increase your chances of reaching the right contact with the right message and achieving your sales goals more efficiently!
Create your campaign
Build your contact list
Optimize your campaign
Get more digital marketing insights from our blog:
Marketing automation is one of the fastest growing tools in terms of adoption among digital marketers because of its ability to scale important one-to-one communications and marketing tasks without any technical skills.Learn more
Automation lets you optimize your customer retention marketing by scaling personalized messages at key points in the customer journey.Learn more
If you’re running an eCommerce store, you’re likely all too familiar with the concept of abandoned carts. But, just in case, let’s quickly cover the basics.Learn more
Sendinblue, a recognized leader in digital marketing software
We have been lauded as a top email marketing solution by all of the major software comparisons and by users around the world