You want to reach your prospects and customers with engaging marketing emails. Ideally, you would be able to do it right within the WordPress or WooCommerce interface.
Newsletter plugins for WooCommerce and WordPress save you time. They make it possible to run your email marketing campaigns directly from your content management system (CMS). Instead of switching between multiple tools, you can manage your website, create signup forms, design emails, and monitor campaign performance in one place.
There’s a variety of plugins you can choose from based on your needs. Some email marketing service providers offer all-in-one marketing solutions with automation and CRM. Others simply support lead generation and newsletter sending.
In this list, you’ll find free and paid WordPress and WooCommerce newsletter plugins suitable for businesses of various sizes and needs.
Can You Send Emails Through WordPress or Woocommerce Without a Plugin?
Indeed, you can send emails in both WordPress and WooCommerce without a plugin.
Then why use a third-party newsletter plugin? There are three important reasons:
- Configuring a SMTP server to send emails in WordPress/WooCommerce without a plugin requires coding skills.
- Email sending through WordPress is unreliable — users often face deliverability issues.
- Email marketing plugins for WordPress and WooCommerce offer a lot more marketing automation features.
If you want to enjoy easy email sending in WordPress and WooCommerce, you need a dedicated newsletter plugin.
The Best WordPress and WooCommerce Newsletter Plugins Compared
Here are the top-rated newsletter plugins for Woo/WP, their functionality compared.
|WooCommerce/WordPress plugin||Free||Plans start at||Lead generation||Email marketing||SMTP||CRM|
|Sendinblue||300 emails/day||$25/20,000 emails/mo + Unlimited contact storage||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Jetpack CRM||Basic features||$17/month||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mailjet||200 emails/day||$15/15,000 emails/month||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|MailPoet||Up to 1,000 contacts||$10/month/500 contacts||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|The Newsletter Plugin||Unlimited||€69/year||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
How do you choose the right Woo/WP newsletter plugin?
As you go through the list, pay attention to the following details:
- Is there a free plan?
- Is it best for B2C or B2B?
- Are there additional features like SMS sending if I ever need them?
- Does it require technical knowledge?
1. The Sendinblue WooCommerce/ WordPress plugin
Both plugins go far beyond newsletter sending and offers a range of useful features:
- Lead generation — from newsletter subscription forms to advanced lead segmentation, you can attract leads and nurture them.
- Email marketing — send any kind of email campaign with personalized content and beautiful responsive design.
- Transactional email — send transactional notifications (email or SMS) through Sendinblue’s SMTP with great deliverability, branding, and personalization.
- CRM — Sendinblue offers a free CRM system for managing customer data and aligning marketing and sales teams in one place.
- Marketing automation — set up triggered emails, autoresponders, automated workflows, and advanced list segmentation easily through the plugin.
- Performance monitoring — see real-time campaign statistics right in your WordPress interface.
- A/B testing — experiment with email content to find the messaging that works best for your subscribers.
- Newsletter templates — a free library of ready-to-use email designs for all kinds of campaigns is available. The templates are responsive and can be customized and branded even for sending through WooCommerce/ WordPress.
- Multichannel — Sendinblue’s plugin gives you access to many more marketing channels such as SMS, WhatsApp, push notifications, live chat, and appointment scheduling.
Some of the advantages of the Sendinblue plugin over other solutions are:
- The plugin is free to use.
- A lot of advanced features are accessible for free.
- You don’t pay for the size of your mailing list.
- All email marketing tools are available in one plugin.
- You can send both emails and SMS messages through the plugin.
- Focus on GDPR-compliant emails.
But probably the biggest advantages of the Sendinblue plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce are the easy setup and the intuitive interface. It’s a simple but comprehensive solution for small businesses that are looking for a marketing platform that won’t break the bank.
Who is it for? SMBs, SaaS, agencies, ecommerce brands, and startups
The Sendinblue plugin is free to install and use. If your daily sending exceeds 300 emails, you can upgrade to one of the paid plans that start from $25/month.
2. Email Subscribers
Email Subscribers is a dedicated newsletter plugin for WordPress. It has two main features: lead generation and mass marketing email sending.
Bloggers and marketers choose Email Subscribers for the affordable pricing and simple feature, which include:
- Subscription forms
- Automated notifications on new posts
- Unlimited contact storage
- GDPR-compliant emails
- Basic automation features
- Newsletter templates
- Email campaign reports
Who is it for? Bloggers and freelancers
If you don’t need anything but a newsletter sending feature, Email Subscribers is a good choice.
Email Subscribers pricing
The plugin is available for free. Premium email templates, SMTP relay, stronger security measures, and advanced automation are accessible in paid plans, starting at $9/month.
Related: WooCommerce Email Marketing: A Beginner’s Guide
3. Jetpack CRM
Jetpack CRM is a customer relationship management plugin for WordPress. As the name suggests, Jetpack CRM isn’t limited to newsletter sending. Its primary function is customer relationship management (CRM).
The key functionalities of the plugin cover:
- Lead generation
- Contact management
- Email sending
- Sales funnel management
- Automated workflows
- Invoices and billing
The plugin is good for entrepreneurs looking to streamline customer interactions across their WordPress or WooCommerce websites.
Who is it for? Freelancers, bootstrapping entrepreneurs, and nonprofits
Jetpack CRM pricing
Jetpack CRM’s free version includes WordPress and WooCommerce integrations as well as basic features such as contact management and email marketing. Pricing starts from $11/month.
Hustle is a WordPress plugin for lead generation and nurturing.
With Hustle, you’ll access:
- Popups, slide-ins, and embeddable forms
- Smart triggers for website ads
- Pre-designed marketing templates
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Automation triggers and conditions
- Campaign analytics
- Subscriber management
The popups and slide-ins increase the visibility of your subscription forms. With smart triggers, your forms will be displayed to only the right people at the right time.
The plugin focuses on email list-building, but to reach your subscribers with engaging emails, you’ll need to integrate it with an email marketing platform.
Who is it for? Small businesses, bloggers, and affiliate marketers
The Hustle plugin is free to use. The free plan includes 3 popups, 3 slide-ins, and 3 embeds. Unlimited credits, unlimited emails, pro designer templates, and 24/7 live support are available on Hustle’s only premium plan at $7.5/month.
5. The Mailjet plugin
With the plugin, you’ll access a number of standard email marketing capabilities:
- Signup forms
- List management
- Audience segmentation
- Drag-and-drop email builder
- HTML email builder
- Real-time campaign statistics
- GDPR-compliant emails
Who is it for? Small businesses, ecommerce entrepreneurs
The Mailjet plugin is free. The free plan covers 200 emails/day and unlimited subscribers. Paid Mailjet plans start at $15/month for 15,000 emails monthly. Segmentation, advanced statistics, automated workflows, and other pro features are available only on premium plans.
Drip is an email and SMS marketing automation platform for ecommerce companies.
Drip’s plugin for WordPress offers:
- Forms and popups
- Mass email campaigns
- Dynamic list segmentation
- Pre-built email templates
- Drag-and-drop and HTML email builder
- Pre-built email automation workflows
- Performance dashboard
For online sellers, Drip offers a dedicated WooCommerce plugin.
Who is it for? Growing ecommerce brands
Drip has no free plan. Its pricing starts at $39/month, and the price rapidly grows as you increase email sending volumes and the size of your mailing list.
MailPoet is one of the most popular and oldest WordPress plugins for email marketing. With it, you can send newsletters, content updates, and triggered emails to your subscribers.
The plugin connects with WordPress and WooCommerce sites, allowing you to:
- Create and embed subscription forms
- Manage your subscriber lists
- Set up automated emails
- Segment contacts based on their behavior or interests
- Send WooCommerce transactional emails
- Access engagement statistics
Who is it for? Entrepreneurs and small businesses
The Mailpoet plugin is available for free for up to 1,000 subscribers. Paid plans start from $10/month and include advanced segmentation and increased email sending credits.
8. The Newsletter Plugin
The Newsletter Plugin is an add-on for WordPress that enables list building and email marketing. It’s a simple tool for creating newsletters, offering basic features:
- Drag-and-drop email builder
- Form builder
- Subscription widgets
- Email performance statistics
- SMTP support
Who is it? Bloggers
The Newsletter Plugin pricing
On the free plan, only the newsletter composer is available. Creating subscription forms and popups, automating email campaigns, and setting up autoresponders is possible only through paid extensions.
Connect Your WordPress Site to a Newsletter Plugin
Managing a WordPress website or WooCommerce store? A newsletter plugin will enable you to run your marketing campaigns right from your WordPress dashboard.
Jumpstart your WooCommerce/WordPress email strategy with Sendinblue
The free plugin gives you all core email features, 300 emails/day, 40+ email templates, customizable signup forms, and automation workflows.